These meal alternate bars come in chocolate chip cookie dough flavor and include metamyosyn protein. Each bar provides 27 grams of protein and 0 grams of trans fat. Naturally and artificially flavored. Manufactured in USA.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #1488 in Health and Beauty
- Brand: Met-Rx
- Released on: 2007-01-10
- Ingredients: Calories: 350, Calories From Fat: 35, Total Fat: 4gm, Saturated Fat: 1.5gm, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 135mg, Potassium: 700mg, Total Carbohydrate: 51gm, Dietary Fiber: 0gm, Sugars: 39gm, Protein: 27gm, Vitamin A: 0, Calcium: 0, Vitamin E: 0, Thiamin: 0, Niacin: 0, Folic Acid: 0, Biotin: 0, Phosphorus: 0, Magnesium: 0, Selenium: 0, Manganese: 0, Vitamin C: 0, Iron: 0, Vitamin K: 0, Riboflavin: 0, Vitamin B6: 0, Vitamin B12: 0, Pantothenic Acid: 0, Iodine: 0, Zinc: 0, Copper: 0
- Number of items: 12
- Dimensions: 2.29″ h x 6.93″ w x .87″ l, .22 pounds
- Case of 12 3.52-ounce chocolate flavored meal alternate bars (total of 12 bars)
- Includes metamyosyn protein; 27 grams of total protein per bar
- An idealisti meal-replacement bar or protein enhancer
- Includes no trans fats
- Made in the United States
8 of 8 people found the following review helpful.
Not usually Rock Hard
I have been eating these as meal replacements for many years now and while very substantial and chewy, they are NOT supposed to be rock hard. The previous reviewer must’ve had a stale batch somehow, or maybe faulty packaging had dried them out. At any rate, these are in no way candy bars! They are extremely chewy and taste like sweet and chocolatey vitamins. Yes, they taste like vitamins… but I have grown to LOVE them. Compare all other labels and you will find that these lead the competition – - Highest protein for the lowest fat and calories.
20 of 25 people found the following review helpful.
By Andrew Moseley
I’m a technology guy who sits at a desk all day fixing problems and creating solutions. I get in early and leave whenever I can escape. There’s no time for lunch almost ever. Well, I also happen to be an avid weight lifter and I need protein to maintain muscle mass. Bars are the solution. I eat at least a couple of these a day and can continue working or driving or whatever while I’m eating. I’ve tried a lot of bars and here’s why I chose these in the end:
– Good protein content level (not too much, not too little)
– Great array of vitamins to keep you healthy (I rarely get sick)
– A small amount of fiber, but not the kind that will leave you in a
meeting with executives squirming around from the gas. Some bars
have no fiber, while others pack it with the kind that kills your
– A bit of sugar to pick you up mid-day if you’re low (way better
than sucking down a soda)
– Drinks are messy, these easy and clean
– No sugar alcohols or soy protein (huge gas causers)
– Cheaper and way fewer calories than going out to lunch every day
– Faster and easier than making lunch every day
– Some people would list the sugar/high fructose corn syrup as a
negative, but those people must not have very high metabolisms
because these have less sugar in them than a cup of 100% fruit
juice and I find that I burn it off just typing all day. Otherwise,
I haven’t found any negatives.
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful.
Overall, pretty good
By A. Decker
As far as protein bars and meal replacement bars go, this is one of the better options I’ve tried. The cookie dough consistency is a nice change from the traditional protein bar dryness. The calorie count is high enough to make the bar a true meal replacement. It has enough protein for all but the most exacting weightlifter with a reasonable amount of fat (6 grams) for a replacement bar. It has more carbohydrates than I care for (50 grams) but that is a small complaint. All in all, taste, nutrient content and carriability are well worth the money spent on this item.
See all 32 customer reviews…